Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Hope

There is always hope. Even in the midst of uncertainty.

Today was such a nice day. I was pretty tired all morning, and I'm sure it was just from the hard day yesterday. So I took a long nap when George napped. Then we bundled up and I jogged to a park so he could play. One of my friends met us there with her 2 cutie kids. As George was swinging, I was visiting. He kept saying, "Down, down, down." But I ignored him because he wasn't upset and I thought he was mostly just saying down because of the swinging motion.

Then all of a sudden, clear as a bell he said, "I WANT DOWN." My friend and I looked at him in complete shock and surprise! His first sentence!!! Then we really laughed. There was no mistaking what George wanted.

Once he was down, he disregarded the entire playground and walked to a building that has a garage door. He is obsessed with garage doors, and his dream comes true every time the door opens and closes. Poor little guy didn't understand that this wasn't our garage door. As he walked away disappointed, he stepped into a mud puddle and before I could get to him, he had tripped, fallen and rolled. Mud everywhere. Of course in a few minutes, there was mud all over me as well. I am the mom of a boy.

When I jogged home, I let George play outside for a while. And that's when my hope started to grow. I saw that the lilac bushes are beginning to bud. Our climbing hydrangea plant also has little green nubs covering it. My crocuses are blooming. Daffodils, tulips and hyacinth are all out of the ground as well.

I feel like I've been in winter for a long time. Oh there have been good things happening, and I've enjoyed parts of this season, but overall it has been challenging and I haven't seen a light at the end of the tunnel. Until today.

Spring always comes. Winter always ends. Monday's biopsys won't be fun, and bad news might still be coming...but there is still hope. I choose hope. I choose to let that hope feed my faith in Him who is the Changer of seasons.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, there is always hope.

    "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

    Love you!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too. Thanks so much for that Scripture, Mel.

    ReplyDelete