Sunday, November 15, 2009

True Love

I just finished re-reading (for probably the 4th or 5th time) Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. The book is based around the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible. Hosea was a prophet, Gomer a prostitute. The Lord told Hosea to marry her and the book is the story of her leaving and him continuing to love her and rescue her over and over. Its a picture of how the Lord loves us and will pursue us regardless of how many times we do our own thing.

I try to read it every year because it compels me to fall in love with my Savior all over again. And it reminds me that love isn't just an emotion. It is practical, its a choice and it is my opportunity to follow in my Lord's footsteps...loving regardless of reciprocation.

This morning I woke with a simple truth on my mind. I am to love others as Christ loves me. Its a choice I can make every day. Especially with my hubbie, I can be an example of true love every single day. I can serve without expecting to be served. I can reach out without requiring a response. I can give of myself in simple every day things....and each time I do I show him not only how much I love him, but also how great the Father's love is for us....that He gave. He gave so much. He gave everything. Why shouldn't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment