Monday, November 30, 2009

Trusting

Tonight I was struck by the realization that George trusts me for literally everything. I've known this, but for some reason tonight it hit home. Food, clothing, shelter, comfort, guidance, provision, emotional protection, healthy boundaries and discipline, basic needs, communication, help.....on and on the list goes. He is even beginning to learn how to jump into my arms. (I know, I know. Little boys and jumping can be treacherous!)

He put his head on my shoulder and sighed as I rocked him to sleep. I was overwhelmed by his contentment and awed by his level of trust.

I wrote a few days ago about the Lord doing some repair work in my life. I know that He's working overtime (well...figuratively speaking of course) on my level of trust with Him. And as He has been doing with me often lately, He is using every day occurrences to get the message through.

He wants me to realize that He is taking care of me and my family. He really is. It's not wishful thinking, it's fact. All I have to do is trust Him. For everything. Right now.

Wow that's easier said than done. I want to awe Him with my absolute trust...so I'll keep allowing Him to do what He wants to do in my life. Even when it feels like I'm free-falling...I know that those Everlasting Arms are beneath me to catch me. I may not have consciously jumped into His arms, but they're there just the same.

1 comment:

  1. Great post!

    My continuous theme this year has been hope. It has come up again and again as I read, meditate on, and memorize His Word. I am joyful in hope...

    Hugs!
    -Melissa

    ReplyDelete